lundi 6 janvier 2014

Monk

Artist : Zoltán Mányi

Software used: 3ds Max, Photoshop,Zbrush, Painter

I wanted to create a medieval character in armor; that was all I knew when I started this project. When I'm working on a personal project I usually don't use a refined concept because I like to figure out everything in 3D. This model started as a sketch in a program called Alchemy , which I like to use to explore random ideas and develop concepts. The concept later developed into a story during the modeling process. My idea was that they decapitated this character for his sins and locked his head in this metal cage that kept it alive for eternity as punishment.
After I'd created a very simple base mesh , I started sculpting in Zbrush. I was not worried about the topology at all since I knew at some point I was going to have to retopologize the whole thing. So I started with basic shapes, working from big to small. I was focusing on the silhouette of the model rather than the inner details. In ZBrush there is a really good way to view the silhouette; just press V and this changes the color of the model to black (if it doesn't have polypaint on). 



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire